The Lu Ban English language program for speakers of other language
English in Hospitality
This course has been designed for students who have limited command of the English language. The content is tailored for those who want to study or work within the hospitably sector, but is open to learners with many career aspirations or a desire to study in a UK university.
Students studying the X week course will be based in the Lu Ban restaurant and live X miles from the Baltic Triangle part of Liverpool. As well as developing, writing skills, speaking skills and listening skills you will achieve:
Food hygiene certificate
A qualification designed to introduce you to working hygienically in a professional, hotel, restaurant or bar
Level 1 working in the hospitality industry
Created exclusively for Lu Ban this qualification will help you with job seeking skills for working in the UK
Lu Ban certificate allergen awareness
A one-day course to enable you to identify ingredients that may cause an allergic reacion to guests dining in a restaurant, hotel, café, cruise ship or take away
Lu Ban English graduation certificate
Only issued to students who complete the course, this is a certificate issued by Lu Ban and its partners to confirm you spent time in the UK studying
· Welcome to the United Kingdom and Liverpool
· Meet your fellow students
· Day off to adjust jet lag
· Settle into accommodation
· Meet the team
· Social events
· Bar and city tour
· Overview of the next weeks and months
Weeks Two to Twelve
· English language learning
· Practical cookery and food and drinks service sessions linked to English earning
· 2 days a week off to explore the city and region
· Planned evening visits to restaurants and bars
· Free time to visit museums and to socialise
· Cookery demonstration
· Dinner in award winning restaurant and meet the chef
· Cookery school visit with western cookery demonstration and tasting
· Networking event with placement providers and invited guests
· Formal event, working in the UK, meet the employers
· Speaking tasks
· English writing tasks
· Practical learning tasks
· Work experience interview skills
· Visits to potential work experience venues
· English assessments
· Shadow working with Lu Ban restaurant staff
· Graduation celebration
ESOL level ?
Level 1 food hygiene certificate
Level 1 working in the hospitality industry (I will write this with an awarding association, it can/may be called working in hospitality for speakers of other languages)
Lu Ban certificate allergen awareness
Lu Ban English graduation certificate*
The IACCA program is designed to give you the English language and related vocational and academic skills to reach your full potential within the workplace or to progress onto further study with a UK university.
The program comprises of the following modules of specialised Chinese culinary arts, these modules include theory and practical knowledge and skill tests
More information can be found in the program specification section of the website
- The origin and development of Chinese food culture
- How to prepare and cook Chinese cold dishes
- How to prepare and cook Chinese hot dishes
- History and skills for making Chinese pastries
- History and skills required for Chinese dough modelling
- English language skills, personal learning and critical thinking skills.
The program also includes work placements, many educational visits, guest speakers, chef demonstrations, dining experiences and food and beverage tastings. The work experience element of the program will help prepare you for working life in the UK or overseas and give you a sound introduction to Western culinary arts.
Your work experience will include opportunities to work with Hilton Hotels, IHG, Accor, Pullman and within Liverpool Football club and Everton football club.
Prior to work experience you will be expected to complete UK regulated qualifications in food safety.
This is a program aimed at those wishing to study in the UK, achieve regulated qualifications and experience Western cuisine it is a residential course that will require 100% commitment to all aspects of the course, you will require the following to be considered
- A good high school or vocational and technical school leaving certificate
- IELTS 5.0 or higher in English or equivalent.
- A willingness to learn overseas
- An interest in food and drink
- A desire to work in the hospitality sector, this includes as a chef, server, or manager
- Aspirations to study in UK university
- Note Minimum age may apply for the course.
Want to Speak to us about how we can help?
Drop us a line today and we will be in touch